Are you ready for a total Kitchen Remodel?
This kitchen was old, way too small and not enough storage or counter-top space. And was in desperate need of an update. After trying several different floor plans, we finally found one that both the homeowner and the contractor agreed on. So a complete demolition was ready to go. This room was gutted to the studs. Since this house was built in 1880 and some of the walls were not straight, the contractor had to first straighten some of the walls. All the electrical was updated and a lot more plug-ins and lights were added. The flooring was only 3 years old and the homeowner did not want to replace it. But the floors were not level, which created another challenge to this project. In the end, the customer was thrilled with the results. What we did:
- Re-arranged and add Cabinetry & Counter-Tops
- Created what looks like an Old Built-In Cabinet for the homeowners collection of Depression Glass
- Brought in an old Church Pew for seating at the table and had a cushion made to fit it
- Had a Trestle Table custom built
- Found additional chairs and painted bright colors to match the cushion on the church pew
- Granite Counter-Tops
- Under-mount Farmhouse Sink
- Shaker Style cabinetry
- Farmhouse style faucet
- Small Subway tile Back-splash
- Added Silhouette Sheer Shades at the windows with Arched Rod Pocket Valances with decorative trim
- Color matched the paint color to the wallpaper
- The Wallpaper was cutout and allowed to grow onto the ceiling in one place and cutout to end in other places. Creating an unusual wall treatment.
- The center light fixture over the table was an Antique Oil Lamp that had been converted to electric several years ago and hung in the home of her grandparents for many years. A light-bar was found and the two additional lamps were added to coordinate.
- Low Profile LED Lamps were added all around
- Under-cabinet lights were added everywhere.
- All the colors in the kitchen were coordinated with the homeowners dishes which she really likes.
Click any photo below to view larger.
We are your local Hunter Douglas, Lafayette Interior Fashions & Horizons Window Fashion dealer. Contact us to see these shades in person.