The Potters’ called me in for new Window Treatments. They had this strange corner window that had always been difficult to deal with. I noticed while I was there that the high sloped ceiling also made the windows feel short. They live in a rural area so privacy wasn’t a big issue. But they wanted an updated look at the windows. So here is my solution to their problem window and what we did:
- We raised the height of the window treatment to the top of the short wall to create height
- Added Woven Wood Shades that work both as a Valance behind the Drapery Panels and provide some privacy.
- Added Stationary Drapery Panels on the sides of the Windows
- And an extra wide panel in the corner to camouflage the tight corner
- Hung the panels on a decorative metal rod with Finials and Rings for Interest
- Hung the Front window at the same height to match and again create Height
Click on any image below to view the photos larger.
Click on any photo above to view larger.
We are your local Hunter Douglas, Lafayette Interior Fashions & Horizons Window Fashion dealer. Contact us to see these shades in person.